Chef Inspirations and Signature Recipes
"Taste the Enchantment!"
-Elizabeth Lindemer, Corporate Executive Chef
Our newest collection delivers on authenticity, while also providing unique and creative twists on popular South Asian foods and flavors.
Signature Recipes from the Kitchens of Fuchs
These four easy, great-tasting recipes are just the beginning of what you can create when you start with our Summer Sensations seasonings as your foundation:
- Combine 2-3 Tbsp. Butter Chicken Sauce Seasoning with 1 cup water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of cooked chicken.
- Cook on medium-low setting for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: This recipe is traditionally served with rice, but the sauced chicken also makes delicious Butter Chicken Tacos!
- Prepare cake pans by lining with parchment paper and spraying lightly with cooking spray. (You can also line a muffin
tin with cupcake papers.)
- Combine 1 cup sugar with 4 eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a paddle attachment on speed setting 2 for 2-3 minutes.
- With mixer still running, slowly drizzle in 3/4 cups oil.
- Add ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt and 1-½ cups shredded carrots; mix for 2 minutes or until fully incorporated.
- Add 1-¼ cups of Kashmiri Spiced Carrot Cake Mix; mix for 1-2 minutes; then scrap sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add 1-¼ additional cups of the cake mix, mixing until fully incorporated; scrape sides and bottom of bowl. (Mix again if needed.)
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans or muffin tin.
- Bake on center rack in preheated oven at 350°F for 23-30 minutes (cake pan) or 20-25 minutes (cupcakes).
- Rotate pan halfway through bake time.
- To check doneness, insert a toothpick into cake center; it
should come out clean.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: For a more indulgent batter, add one or more of the following ingredients:
• ½ cup golden raisins
(hydrated and drained)
• ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
• ¼ cup crushed cashews
• ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- Apply 2-3 Tbsp. of Kerala Style Lamb Curry Seasoning for each pound of lamb.
- Let lamb marinate overnight.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat with 2 Tbsp. olive oil; sear lamb on all sides.
- For each pound of lamb, add ½ cup water to pan; then cover.
- Turn heat down and finish cooking to desired doneness.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: For tender cuts such as lamb chops, cook for approximately 5-7 minutes. For less tender cuts such as stew meat, simmer for approximately 1-2 hours or until tender.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. Masala Chai Lassi Drink Mix with 1 cup milk, soy milk or other liquid of choice.
- Mix well ... and enjoy!
To order your free sample of the South Asian Collection, click here.