Chef Inspirations and Signature Recipes
-Elizabeth Landry, Corporate Executive Chef
Our new collection brings the endlessly interesting tastes of Africa to all who crave new and unique foods. From our kitchen to yours, these very special recipes will show you just how incredible the tastes of Africa can be!
Signature Recipes from the Kitchens of Fuchs
These four easy, great-tasting recipes are just the beginning of what you can create when you start with our African Exploration seasonings as your foundation:
- Berbere BBQ Flank Steak
- Maghreb Style Boharat Chicken Wings
- Mozambique Style Piri Piri Shrimp
- Senegalese Style Tamarind & Coconut Cashews
- Apply 2 -3 Tbsp. Berbere BBQ Seasoning to each 1 pound of Flank Steak.
- Let sit overnight (or at least 2 hours) in refrigerator.
- Grill steaks over medium-high heat until desired doneness.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: Try this as a mouth-watering topical seasoning for snacks, such as popcorn and chips, too!
- Combine 1-2 Tbsp. Maghreb Style Boharat Seasoning with 1Tbsp. olive oil to make marinade.
- Apply to 1 pound of chicken wings; let sit overnight (or at least 2 hours) in refrigerator.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until fully
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: This seasoning also works wonderfully with vegetables such as turnips, sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Or, mix it in with rice or grains.
- Preheat a medium non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil and 1 ½ pounds raw, cleaned shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine ½ cup Mozambique Style Piri Piri Sauce Base and ½ cup water, and pour over shrimp in sauté pan.
- Continue to heat for 4-5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: You’ll want to try this seasoning on other seafood items such as mussels or cod – not to mention how well it works with chicken!
- Place ½ cup plain, unsalted cashews in a bowl.
- Spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. Senegalese Style Tamarind & Coconut Snack Seasoning
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: This seasoning also pairs well with the delicate flavors of fish such as cod or other white fish. Or, for a vegetarian option, try it with tofu.
To order your free sample of the African Exploration Collection, click here.